Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's the little things...

These are the sweet little things I never want to forget! When Peter takes a bath he plays with a bunch of animal squirters. For whatever reason, the penguin always gets put in time out. He says “Penguin, time out!” Poor penguin. Overheard one morning as Peter was waking up and playing with his school bus in his room. “Uh oh bus. What happened? Need help? I coming. I help you. Okay?” He finishes most sentences with “okay?” He’s also starting to have lengthy conversations with his toys! Every morning when Peter leaves for Ms. Barbara’s I say “See you later alligator!” One morning he beat me to it and excitedly said “Bye bye alligator!” It was incredibly cute. One day we got a package in the mail and Peter decided that I needed to wear the box on my head. He had trouble getting it on my head but was polite enough to say “Sorry mommy” every time he bumped me. When I would take the box off and say “It’s too hot in there for mommy” he would put it right back on my head and say “It’s okay mommy” and pat me on the shoulder. I happily wore the box many times that afternoon. Peter has always liked Curious George. Recently, he’s started to like Timmy Time and Thomas the Train. When Peter realized that I had learned the words to the Thomas and Friends song he looked at me like I was the most magical mommy in the world. I think I’ll be learning many more songs! Peter has finally given up on Pajama Time, his favorite bedtime book. He still requests “Rocky Pig” every once in a while though. (we usually rock while reading it and it has a picture of a pig on the cover) We now read Tickling Tigers in his bed. He LOVES “Tickle Tigers.” He is most ticklish on his knees. Some nights we go through his Baby Einstein First Words book afterwards. Then we pray and I tuck him in. And he still sleeps at the foot of his bed- with his monkey pillow, tiger, otter, dog and giraffe! Charlotte is almost 2 months old now and he is finally starting to like having her around. When she fusses, he brings her a blankie and toys and says “Here you go sister. It’s okay.” He also asks to lay down with her in her play gym by saying “Lie down sister?” He then shows her all the hanging toys by saying “Look sister.”