Now that school is out and the house is listed, I have time for a Thorne family update! For those that haven't heard, we are relocating to Dallas. Curtis took a postdoc position at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He is very excited about the research he will be doing! I was blessed to have an easy job search and decided to take a position at Lakehill Prep. I know I'll enjoy being at another independent school and I get to continue to teach the subjects I love most: economics, psychology and world studies! Curtis defends next week and then we'll be making the move down in about 3-4 weeks. We plan to stay with Curtis' parents as we house hunt in Dallas. Hopefully our house here in Nashville will sell quickly. We are still so thankful that we didn't flood. I have to admit that leaving Nashville is a bit bittersweet. We LOVE this city. I had a great job. Peter had THE BEST care. And most of all, I have made some wonderful, lifelong friends. On the flipside, our family will get to see Peter grow up. AND we will finally get to spend some time with our many friends in Dallas that we rarely get to see!
So I will remember...here are some of the things I love about this city:
1. The Village Chapel...I hope we can find another church like this
2. Awesome live music venues...there's nothing like The Ryman
3. Great parks...what am I going to do without Warner Park?
4. Lightning 100...best radio station ever!
5. Trader Joe's
6. Loveless Cafe
7. Pancake Pantry
8. The occasional snow
9. The beautiful landscape...rolling green hills
10. A fun and clean downtown
I will NOT miss the humidity. We lived in Houston and it's nothing like that, but it's humid enough to mess up my hair! We are definitely looking forward to eating real BBQ and Tex-Mex again. There's just nothing here that even comes close! On a side note, Peter turned 7 months yesterday. I just can't believe that it has already been 7 months. And they have been the best 7 months yet. We love being parents, especially to this sweet boy!!!
Beaver Family Christmas
11 years ago